Jimsbarbeque and Thom Emery..double secret rub

jimsbarbecue

Kinda like the Movies. With all the print on Double Secret, I knew it was something I needed to try. Used it on fish and liked it.Have not yet tried on Steak, thats tonight. The Desert Gold I think you have had in the "Big Poppa Rub Protection Program".
This is a very nice blend. Used this on chicken,fish and veggies with success. I will post the steak results tonight.

CarterQ

Inquiring minds want to know, when can the masses get their hands on some?

BTW Great avatar pic Jim, can't wait for your steak review, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

Double Secret Steak

Heated the MAK up and first high heat on both sides then in the warming drawer. Cool the pit to 300 and cook until a internal of 145.Photos also show my wind cover I am working on for the MAK.The family loved the Steak and the new "Double Secret" rub. I used it with a heavy hand and it came out grand.

1211585324_ZWxka-M.jpg

1211583479_2RHFG-M.jpg

1211583220_mrZjw-M.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Wind Hood

Just the wind cover. Had BBQ Delight Cherry pellets in the hopper. I turned the MAK on high with plans on cooking the steak.Using the remote boss to know when it had heated up. I wanted to make sure if the hood was left on and turned on high by mistake what would happen. The hood was made for overnight cooks. We get breezes a night here that can make the cooker work harder to keep temp. Will see the folks at MAK have the temps accross the grate so even at all temps , this may screw it up!

1212487955_MAXaZ-M.jpg

Top Bottom