Ash Wednesday, sounded like a good day to burn some pellets..

squirtthecat

Unfortunately, it wasn't a pleasant night. Cold/windy/wet. No real 'action shots' outside.

On the way in from the MAK... 3 Blue Hake fillets dusted with Fagundes and Lemon Pepper (350° for 45 minutes from a frozen state) - and a corn/bell pepper concoction.

DSC02512.JPG

Messily plated:

Small corn tortilla, blue hake, bit of sour cream, black beans heated up with some salsa mixed in, smoked corn, topped with my buddy Hal's signature "Guy Slaw" (more on that later), and a sprinkle of cheese. Very tasty. This was my 2nd helping. :)

20110309192331.jpg

squirtthecat

"Guy Slaw"... This happened by accident last year at the LPGA tournament.

Here is the original contents -as best that I could remember. :)

Red/green cabbage
Shredded carrots
½ bell pepper
Apple Cider Vinegar
Canola Oil
Brown Sugar
Minced Red Onion (optional)

And then the ‘Guys’..

Johnny’s SS
Emeril’s bam
Riley’s all purpose
McCormick’s Lemon Pepper

Basically, we opened the cabinets and grabbed everything with a 'guy' name and shook some in the container. It was fantastic. We've been trying to duplicate it since... ;) ;)

This was my spin tonight.

20110309194551.jpg

Apple Cider Vinegar
Brown sugar (not pictured)
splash of Tarragon vinegar
A few glugs of olive oil (not pictured)

Heated up in the microwave a bit so the sugar dissolves..

Then the 'Guys'

Johnny's
Soileau's (just a pinch)
Lawry's lemon pepper
Riley's
Pappa's low salt blend (thanks Smoker Pete!)
Tony Chachere's more spice (just a pinch)
Cavendish's Greek seasoning
And a shake of Tone's onion powder, as MrsSTC doesn't do raw onions.

Stir together, then into the fridge to cool.

Fold into some store bought slaw mix, and then drain any extra liquid.

It had a nice crispy punch.

Rip

Looks great Squirt! I need to dive in and start trying some things with fish, thanks for the ideas!

squirtthecat

This is the first time I've tried fish on the pellet pushers... It was really good! I need to adjust the times down a bit due to the convection fan blowing things around. The thinner ends dried out a bit.

I might pick up some (frozen) Grouper today to try out tomorrow night with some kind of potato side.

Frogmats are a must....

CarterQ

Nice looking grub there! Frogmats are the best for fish. Will have to try the Fagundes and lemon pepper combo out, looks tasty.

squirtthecat

Fagundes rocks. Not sure what is in it, but it is good stuff. Smoker Pete sent me a big shaker of it. It's taken a year and a half to try fish on the smoker, but I think I'll do it more frequently now!

Top Bottom