Florida Pit Master

CarterQ

Welcome aboard! As I'm sure you can tell there is a lot of great info here and a lot of knowledgeable folks who love to help.

There are a lot of options in the pellet smoking world right now, it all comes down to what type of cooking you want to do and what your expectations are from a cooker. The MAK line of grills are some of the most versatile cookers on the market. Let us know what your thinking and we can help get you going in the right direction.

ACW3

Florida Pit Master,
One of the things that helped me decide on which pellet grill to buy was creating a spread sheet of what and how I like to cook, what I might want to cook in the future and start comparing the capabilities of each grill. Another question is how much you want to spend now versus how much you will likely spend if pellet grill cooking gets in your blood (and it will). I may have overspent initially (not too much), but I probably saved money in the long run by not having to constantly upgrade. Don't overlook the fact that your popularity will grow as soon as your friends and family taste your pellet cooking. Everyone wants to be a taster for me now. Not a bad problem to have, if you like to cook like I do.

Good luck on your decision process. Don't hesitate to ask questions openly on this forum, or send PM's to individual members. We all love to talk about our cookers.

Art

As you can see, I have a MAK 2 Star.

sptrainnut

Welcome aboard, I'm in the same boat as you but I've decided on a MAK 2 Star for my first smoker. This is a great group and you'll be able to learn a lot I'm sure. I'm still wading thru all the different threads.

J in El Paso

jimsbarbecue

Welcome We have MAK Grills and are happy. IF cowgirl is happy with her Memphis Pro I say that is a good recommendation also. A lot depends on your budget and cooking needs. If would be nice if you can see the grills your interested in in person.

Top Bottom