Is my probe toast?

ht01us

On my last cook, I had my MAK meat probe in the meat while it sat on the searing grate with the temp on "High". The alarm sounded as the probe hit my set point then continued to sky rocket in a hurry up to 400 and higher. Upon opening the cooker, I saw the wire was touching the searing grate in a couple of places which I'm guessing is what caused the problem.

Does this mean my probe is ruined and I need a new one? I should have put straightened it out but was too busy freaking out :)

I've read about gorilla probes that should withstand the heat; are they for the MAK or the Maverick thermometers?

ht01us

If it doesn't work it is toast. I have fried a few. The Gorilla probe will be for the MAK
Yeah, I guess that's the answer; if it doesn't work, it's broken :)
Looks like BPS doesn't have the gorilla probes in stock; at least I didn't see it under Mak accessories.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Howard I got your email The gorilla probes are not ready yet as soon as they are I will make a big deal about it and reach into your pockets! hahaha

MAK DADDY

LOL, BP is crazy funny!

Ht01US, shoot me an email and we will get you fixed up. If you keep them under 300 degrees and dry they seem to last a lot longer.
Use them as a stab and read for high temp grilling.

The MAK Armored Probes are on round 2 from the manufacturer, We were not happy with the accuracy of the first go around so we rejected all of them. I hope to have the new ones soon but they have to be perfect! Will keep you posted.
Bob

Top Bottom