Whats the most people you have cooked for?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Im wondering what the most. ON my MAK solo it was about 18....I know KY Smoke has done some big numbers....550 with the various rigs is the most we have done

squirtthecat

Getting geared up to cook for an Alumni Reception for my wife's parochial school... Shooting for 75 in attendance. Last year I did brisket and turkey on my Traeger 070 (and my Bradley) for an estimated 125 for the same event, but only about 50-60 were in attendance. I sold the leftover briskets out of my trunk at work the next day. :D

Last edited:

HoDeDo

I think our biggest cook was the HOK +Sport (The architecture group that builds stadiums, etc) Spring "tailgate" for the Royals Season opener. Right around 600 people.

Pretty much up to 150 is pretty easy to cook for us, equipment wise... we have to do some staging or additional work above 300.

TentHunter

We have 3 or 4 church events each year with about 50+ folks in attendance. Last year I hosted the H.S. marching band cookout for about 140 people including students, staff etc. and will most likely do it again for at least the next five years while my kids are in school.

Bear

I do pulled pork for about 40 or 50 people 6 or 8 times a year.

Back when I was in college, my fraternity used to cook whole hogs for about 300 once a year, but we had several working on that. We actually killed the hogs and everything. It was quite an experience. We did everything from hoof to plate.

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK Andy It has a four hole sink, two insulated bbq42 chicken cookers and an insulated pr 42 with shelf and rib rack on each shelf it also has a insulated pr 60 with extra shelf and rib racks a storage box and three burner stove.SO lets see that is about 75 butts ...then there is the other trailer with the pr72 and the bbq 42 chicken cooker and then the ts250...we are ready to feed the world

HoDeDo

OK Andy It has a four hole sink, two insulated bbq42 chicken cookers and an insulated pr 42 with shelf and rib rack on each shelf it also has a insulated pr 60 with extra shelf and rib racks a storage box and three burner stove.SO lets see that is about 75 butts ...then there is the other trailer with the pr72 and the bbq 42 chicken cooker and then the ts250...we are ready to feed the world

Insulated to boot?? You are ready to feed the world, and without using much fuel at all! Very nice!Sound like a GREAT unit!!! Can't wait to see the twins in Napa.

We just found out that the girls will be going to Lake Huron with their grandparents (get to meet some cousins on Kim's side of the family they have never met before) for two weeks, and staying in the cabin up north... so they opted out of going to Napa with us.

Kim and I are probably going to come out and spend a few days... so once you have details nailed down for the event, we're going to plan around it!

CarterQ

Cooked for 25 running just the MAK in the backyard, at work we do an annual kick off BBQ for customers, vendors, and growers. We will cook for about 750, Do about 600 lbs of tri tip and 300 pounds of chicken thighs on cookers built by our shop guys.

firehouse_bbq

We cooked for just under 400 at the Nascar Race in Fontana last Oct. It was for all the Fire & Safety crew and their familes. Cooked just over 300 pounds of pork on our FEC100 and Meadow Creek PR60!!!!

ITFD#15

35 hungry fire fighters and family large pulled pulled pork 2 of the largest beer can chickens I have ever done and burgers and hot dogs just in case. On a large charcoal pit with apple wood and a case of beer..

jimsbarbecue

We cooked for just under 400 at the Nascar Race in Fontana last Oct. It was for all the Fire & Safety crew and their familes. Cooked just over 300 pounds of pork on our FEC100 and Meadow Creek PR60!!!!

I have four motorhome spots in the infield there. We need to make a event of it one of these times.

Top Bottom