I donated a BBQ for 200

Big Poppa

Administrator
I donated a Big Poppa Smokers Cookout for 200 for a Catholic School that had George W. Bush speaking last Saturday. It went for $10,500.00! Wowzers!

HoDeDo

That is a great way to get a huge bang for the buck at auction type fundraisers! Great call BP. We have not offered one up on that scale, but we routinely offer up a free Class, or a tailgate for 25 to local charities that ask... The "retail value" of that, usually gets a nice bump, and the biggest cost to us, is obviously our time... so a very small price to pay to raise money for good causes. I enjoy the charity cooking as much or more than the competition cooking. When you think about it, you can impact so much more, just buy spending the cost of a comp, and putting that towards an auction. Especially for us, I see that has hugely important. We don't have a lot of disposable income to donate - we pull money out of the paycheck for United way, we do harvesters, etc... and small donations here and there.... but donating our time with a class or party, will use the few hundred we spend and turn it into 4 to 5 x's that for thier charity.

What a great way to leverage the BPS sizzle... and help create a positive impact for someone, I am all for it. I think it really grows donations exponentially. For example... The LLS class we did last weekend (brisket and rib class)... generated about $1000 for the Luekemia & Lymphoma Society drive. I could not have stroked a check for that, but if I can teach a class and donate that, I am all for it! $10.5K is great BP - Way to go!!!

We expect to do two more classes for them... A tailgate class in the fall, and a summer pork and chicken class... And each of those events should grow... based on word of mouth... so we hope to generate 5K total from the 3 classes for the "Team in Training" LLS Drive. I would love to be able to generate $10K in one shot!!! That is really awesome.

Thom Emery

Every year I do donate Dinner for 20 to the school my Bride teaches at
It went for $1200 last year
You need any help on the 200 just call

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yeah they just emailed to sonfirm the date and asked if we could make it for 300! I said we are Big Poppa's Bring it on!

Top Bottom