Where does the grease from the fat go

sptrainnut

Evening Everyone,
I've been reading all the various posts about smoking and I got to wondering, when you put a brisket or pork butt on to smoke and cook, where does all the grease and fat drippings go to on the MAK 2 star? Is there a pan for this purpose or what? Just wondering and I haven't read about it or seen it mentioned in any of the posts.

Thanks for your input, I'lll be looking forward to hearing back from you guys on this.

J in El Paso

CarterQ

Yep, the whole pan under the grate catches any drippings and it is tilted towards the right side of the grill. Grease flows to a catch trough which funnels into into the Beautifully crafted stainless steel bucket which is easily cleaned out by you or your dogs when you are not looking.

sptrainnut

LOL, thanks for the great descriptions, especially the one about cleaning it out myself or by my dogs. I have a 3 year old yellow lab and I can assure you once she figures out what is going on with that bucket, she will be on that quick as a wink. She is extremely smart and will definitely figure out how to help herself. Thanks again guys, I kind of thoght there would be something to catch it but just wasn't sure.
You all have a great weekend.

J In El Paso

squirtthecat

For a big messy smoke, I use a folgers coffee container from work.. I just set it on the ground under the drip spout. Once it is full, slap the lid on and toss in the trash. Some people use paint cans. (but my trash guys get weird about full cans of 'paint' in the garbage)

Mr Hickory

LOL, thanks for the great descriptions, especially the one about cleaning it out myself or by my dogs. I have a 3 year old yellow lab and I can assure you once she figures out what is going on with that bucket, she will be on that quick as a wink. She is extremely smart and will definitely figure out how to help herself. Thanks again guys, I kind of thoght there would be something to catch it but just wasn't sure.
You all have a great weekend.

J In El Paso

The bucket works great, and my Basset Hounds hang around it constantly. Fortunately they are too short to get into it. The funniest was when I came home one day shortly after my first cook, and found them both with their heads under the cover on the MAK and their tails sticking out from underneath on the end with the bucket. Wasn't any doubt in my mind what they were after.

Taking a couple spoons full of it warm it in the microwave and put it on their dry food gets their attention......They go nuts.

sptrainnut

My Lab used to get into the garbage can all the time so we bought a new trash can that has a pedal on it that you push down and the lid pops up. Guess what, it took her a little over a month to figure out how to get it open. She now knows that if she puts her paw on the pedal and bingo, she has full access to the stuff inside. I can just imagine what its going to be like when I start smoking.

Cheers,
J in El Paso

Top Bottom