How to use USB port on Remote Boss

ht01us

I went through the batteries on my Remote Boss during an 11 hour cook today. Guess I could read the directions, but this is so much easier. I see a port on the Remote Boss and wondering if there are any restrictions on how to connect it.
  1. If I have a camera USB cable say where the end fits the Remote Boss can I use it?
  2. Can I use a USB adapter that plugs into the wall rather than the computer plug? Like my iPhone power adapter (not the iPhone cable; I know that won't work. Just plug the appropriate cable into the little cube adapter than plugs into the outlet)

Seems like the Remote boss will go 11 to 15 hours on a set of batteries; how about the sending unit?

jimsbarbecue

the usb port will accept power from a computer or cell phone charger. The sending unit will flash a red led when the battery is low. I use rechargeables (eneloop or imedion) in both so when the remote boss needs charging I do both. It will be nice when you plug it in your computer to charge and also be able to see the data on the PC screen.

MAK DADDY

Well said Jim :)

The display screen on the remote draws the most power, the sending unit will run much longer due to not having the display.

Mr Hickory

the usb port will accept power from a computer or cell phone charger. The sending unit will flash a red led when the battery is low. I use rechargeables (eneloop or imedion) in both so when the remote boss needs charging I do both. It will be nice when you plug it in your computer to charge and also be able to see the data on the PC screen.

That's cool....now I wan't one.

ht01us

That's cool....now I wan't one.

I'm certainly enjoying it tonight. My first night cook. I put on two 7 lb Boston Butts at 8:30. I figure they'll take about 11 - 12 hours. I've got the remote boss with me; it will be right on my bedside table tonight.

TentHunter

the usb port will accept power from a computer or cell phone charger. The sending unit will flash a red led when the battery is low. I use rechargeables (eneloop or imedion) in both so when the remote boss needs charging I do both.

So if I understand this correctly, plugging into the Remote Boss' USB port will not only power the remote boss, but also charge batteries if using rechargeables in the Remote Boss?

Top Bottom