Help & advice please -

burnsey_vi

There are a group of us here in San Luis Obispo, Ca. who are going to go together and get a good friend a pellet smoker for his birthday next month. None of us know the first thing about smoking (other than cigars) or smokers - the guy we're going to get this for however does - pretty much a master of the BBQ. We're thinking around $1k or hopefully a bit less? Costco had one that looked nice for about 800?

Anyway, can any of you help with some suggestions?

Much oblige...

jimsbarbecue

I will agree with the others on the One Star. It is a battleship and has the technology of the Two star. I know it is more then you want to spend but the grill and results will be worth it. Remember you will be eating some of the food they cook on it. It just like cigars the good ones are a little more and worth it.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey I probably know you guys. I still have a company in SLO and lived there for 25 years...Sterling Ball. Let me know if I can help you...Also I keep a stash of pellets in slo at my factory for people who buy smokers from me.....

HoDeDo

Not sure what Costco has, but if your buddy is the master you say.... that 1 Star will give him room to grow, in terms of techniques he can utilize, styles he can play with... and with the different cooking profiles it can run, it really will be a tool he will use and use often. Then once he is hooked, he can add racks, he can add the remote boss, and other things that just expand the capabilities. Add a couple more folks to your group, or everyone just throw in the extra $20 / person and get it done.

My vote is 1 Star also.

Top Bottom