A Project

nepas

Me and my neighbor made a Landjaeger press. Not for smoking, just for pressing the sausage flat.

DSC00078-1.jpg

DSC00079-1.jpg

TentHunter

Very interesting. You've peeked my German curiosity ;). How big are the chambers (hard to tell in the pics).

Can't wait to see pics of how the sausages turn out when smoked & dried.

CarterQ

Everytime you open a NEPAS post it's like stepping into the classroom! Great stuff, love seeing your projects and the food that follows.

nepas

The press worked perfect. Next time dont be in such a rush and stuff all the links even.

Here i just took the paper and top off.
DSC00085-1.jpg

Pretty much the way i wanted them to flatten.
DSC00086-1.jpg

DSC00087-1.jpg

Soaked the casing in water with a few Tbs of vinegar, This makes the veins transparent.
Going with 130* with hickory smoke then PID bumping to 150 for 2 hours then 160 for a few hours.
DSC00088-2.jpg

nepas

Tossed a couple handfulls of hickory pellets on the slide. (hey pellet fired Bradley) HA

Stalled right now so i lowered em a rail.
DSC00110-1.jpg

nepas

Here are the Landjaeger at 1140am after hanging all night. The R/H is 67% and they are getting darker and shrinking.

DSC00113-1.jpg

TentHunter

I was going to type something nice here, but I have to go now so I can borrow the wife's Garmin for directions to your house...

Deb

Nice Nepas

Tent - he keeps his recipes secret (joke on the bradley forum) but he's pretty free with directions to his house. You should time it to get there June 25th for the NEPAS smokeout.

nepas

Yeah Debs vittles are great.

I just could not wait on the Landjaeger so i had to cut one up.

Took the one on the string to my neighbors.
lj45.jpg

OH YEAH
lj44.jpg

My neighbor said go get another one...No they gotta hand another week or so.
lj46.jpg

Next batch i will smoke them in the MAK side smoker..........MAK Daddy & Momma. I need a sausage cabinet with a door and hooks that can fit over the side. I will make you proud.

Signed

MAK Son #48

Deb

I hope to make it. Deb, I hear your deserts are legendary!

I have a new idea rolling around in my head..... but I'm told I need to make the pecan/makers mark /caramel topping again for Mrs. Nepas. I'll probably do the chocolate bourbon pecan cheesecake again plus a second one.

nepas

I have a new idea rolling around in my head..... but I'm told I need to make the pecan/makers mark /caramel topping again for Mrs. Nepas. I'll probably do the chocolate bourbon pecan cheesecake again plus a second one.

If she aint looking i going to get em....LOL

Top Bottom