Smoke on Wheels Pork

CarterQ

Finally got a chance to try the Smoke on Wheels pork marinade and injection this weekend.

Here we go:

Had a 7lb shoulder, used French's for the glue, rubbed with Plowboys Bovine, injected with SOW

d5db0a99.jpg

All done and into the fridge for the night

407a236b.jpg

Fire up the MAK first thing in the morning

373642b5.jpg

Onto the smoker at 225 until an IT of 150, then up to 300 until 195 (pellet boss handled this)

b1ed58d5.jpg

All done

aecb5615.jpg

FTC For a few hours and then pull

7cbdc8d5.jpg

This came out great, the SOW Injection and Marinade is awesome, the flavor is nice, not overwhelming and the flavor profile would compliment alomost any rub. I never inject butts and shoulders but after this I might be changing my tune, it was extremely moist and the flavor was all through the meat.

Congrats to Kim and Andy you can taste the hard work and love you guys put into this and you have a great product. Can't wait to try the Chicken Marinade.

HoDeDo

Thanks for giving injection a shot! We are so glad that you liked it!! I also like that you paired it with the Bovine Bold. I really like the bovine on pork, but you are right, the marinade will pair up nicely with most rubs. Works great with Yardbird also, and Smokin guns, Slabs, Head country... will pair up fine with most.

We appreciate the sentiments. It's one thing to like what you made, and do well with it.... but when others like it, and enjoy it, that is as big a rush as getting a call at a comp!! I love seeing/hearing about the experiences. Love the color of that bark; what pellets were you using, if I may ask?

CarterQ

BBQer's delight Hickory was the pellet of choice on this. You are right about the Bovine, it goes great on Pork.

Top Bottom