Wet or Dry

Rip

Usually wet, but the last few I've done dry seem to come to mind first when I have visions of ribs....

ITFD#15

wet for me, have never tried to making dry ribs.
Might be interesting though I have had them before very good.

sparky

wet. i just made a rack of BB two days ago. used my mustard, 3eyz, foiled with the usual stuff and just let them go. 3eyz ribs naked. they were ok. i like using bbq sauce and pepper jelly on my ribs. it makes me happy. maybe if i am going to go naked (no spray or sauce) i will use less rub. if you all haven't figured it out yet i like my ribs sweet. my favorite ribs were when i mixed fruit, alcohol, honey, mustard. yumming. my wife says i have a sweet tooth. nah, just because i hide my moon pies from the kids. don't laugh. look what ya'll started. i get off work tomorrow at 9:15. butcher opens at 9:30. #336 better get ready. i see a 5 hour cook coming. :cool:

Last edited:

scooter

In the beginning it was always dry, now it's always wet. Something about that sheen and the flavor of the glaze just makes the ribs do a wheely on my taste buds!! :)

SisInLaw

I love all ribs, love the dry, love the wet. BUT ... I don't like wet that are drenched in sauce that hasn't been "cooked" onto the meat and bone at least at the end of the cook. Sometimes people squirt on the sauce then serve them--no no no! Let the sauce meld into the meat for a bit, then serve. Yum!

malawoo

I love all ribs both wet and dry But I am with you SisInLaw do not like ribs just smothered with sauce afterwards.

Top Bottom