Ace of Hearts BBQ Specialties

TTNuge

Anyone every hear of, cook with, take a class from Ace of Hearts and/or Rob Russell specifically? Just curious as he is hosting a class local to me next weekend and I know I won't get JT's secret rib recipe but it still may be worth attending.
Feel free to PM me with info if you feel the need to be discreet.

Trent

HoDeDo

Ace of Hearts now owns Goodwin's "Good-One" cookers. Chris Marks is of "Three Little Pigs" BBQ fame... and is one of the head dogs at Ace of Hearts. I dont know about Rob Russell, but Chris I am sure teaches a good class. If Rob is teaching one of Chris' classes, it would be informative at least. IF you are looking for competition info, Chris would be the Ace of Hearts guy you want. If you are wanting a general BBQ class, my guess is Rob is doing thier BBQ 101 type stuff.. or classes specific to the cookers. Is the class being hosted by one of thier dealers? or is it just a class is teaching in the area?

TTNuge

I think the place offering the class is one of their dealers. It's a fairly new shop in the area and this is the first class offered. I doubt it is of competition level as the morning class is 3 hours for Chicken and Ribs and the afternoon class is 3 hours for Pork and Brisket. At least it is the competition meats, just not sure the level of detail but for $150 it may be worth it to pick up a few pointers and hopefully eat good for a day. On the other hand that could pay for some Waygu Brisket that I could make myself. Hmmmmm

HoDeDo

Or get some buddies together and we'll build a class on demand :) I know someone who likes to travel to teach. :)

Top Bottom