Administrator
Results just in!
Wildomar California
First in Ribs
4th In Brisket (strube)
7th in BUtt

Grand Champion! Can I get a yeah baby!

ACW3

YEAH BABY!!!! That is great news. Just think, this is the beginning of a new season, and you will improve with each contest.

Art

jimsbarbecue

Well Earned. Congratulations!!
I judged at this competition. The Bad part about judging is we cannot visit with any of the competitors until after turn in. So I have limited photos.After the judging went to see the Big Poppa Pitmasters and shoot the breeze a little. When I went to take a photo of the cooking area. Brad said wait until they cleaned it up. I didn't and little did I know I was getting on film what a Grand Champions area looks like after the storm. Here is a link to all the photos and below is the photo I mentioned
Wildomar 2011 - Jim Bloomfield Photography

1221679502_hjtqA-L.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thank you all for the kind comments. We are very happy....hahahahahahahahaahh
It was a good comp with some really good teams. Lots of nice messages and a hour long call from Johnny Trigg...He has sort of adopted his "boys"

BBQ is very fickle and very understand that. WE started progressing when we paid attention to every possible detail...it is a crazy discipline that gives you subjective results.

Props to MAK....Meadow Creek (their first GC west of the Mississippi) and strube Ranch. BTW Our Strube briskets were not injected and we used two of B ig Poppa's rubs for the seasoning...one extra one that Thom and Jim can guess....So I feel good that our seasonings worked in comp

Top Bottom