Best Pellet Smokers

jimsbarbecue

That is sort of like asking what is the best pickup truck. The models Big Poppa sells he stands behind and are nice units.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I dont really know of a bad one....It just comes down to the features and your price point...If you give us a little more maybe we can help you get into the right cooker for you. thanks

CarterQ

Welcome aboard, the best pellet cooker is the one that fits your needs. Let us know what you like to cook and what type of cooking you do and you will getter a better picture of what your options are.

Pork Boy

I dont really know of a bad one....It just comes down to the features and your price point...If you give us a little more maybe we can help you get into the right cooker for you. thanks

We like to do lots of pork like ribs,loins, butts. Are all these grills made in the USA

HoDeDo

Welcome pork boy!
I'd love to help point you to a cooker:
1. Do you do more grilling or more smoking?
2. What type of volume are you cooking for (2 people or 10 people)?
3. Do you want something built in (to say an outdoor island?) or a standalone unit?
4. What pricepoint are you trying to hit?

Cheers,
Andy

Pork Boy

We cook for anywhere from 6 to 300 people. We are used to using charcoal grills but have started to do some research on pellet smokers. Sounds like Treager started this thing and now there are many more out there.

HoDeDo

So it sounds like grilling is your core, and if it is 6 to 300, capacity is important, or? is it normally cooking for 20 with a cook for 300 once a year?
I think there are some units called Woodmaster, that are large pellet party grills. Or if they could be stationary, I'd line up a row of MAK 2 STARs (or upcoming 4 Star) built in for the grilling. They can approximate the most 'direct' grilling experience.

Cookshack makes a charbroiler which is designed as a pellet braiser. Just like the gas grills you would find at a burger joint, but pellet fired. It isnt a multiuse type of appliance. It is designed only for high heat, quick recovery type cooking. Under a high capacity hood.

For smoking and capacity, you cant be a rotisserie. I'd say FEC300. If you are not needing capacity for 300 on a regular basis, there are probably alot more options that would also make sense. So any more detail you could provide would be great!

Top Bottom