Need Help

bbq bob

Can pellets be used in a regular electric smoker instead of chips. I am new to this smoking thing and I don't know anything about the difference between chips and pellets. I have smoked a few things on my electric grill using a smoker box and chips,those things were good and my wife talked me into buying an electric smoker.

BBQ Bob

HoDeDo

Why yes they can! Depending on the smoker box, will determine how you put them in.... but you can definately burn them instead of chips. My friend has a "Masterbuilt" Electric cooker, and it has a chip "drawer". he puts pellets in it, and loves the outcome.

TentHunter

I second what Andy said. Also remember, it takes less pellets than chips because the air is compressed out of the wood cells making them very dense. That in turn makes them more economical than wood chips or chunks.

Havman

Have not received my electric smoker just yet. Do you soak pellets before putting them in a smoker pan? Very new to this. Had a small electric before and always soaked wood chips before smoking. Appreciate any help I can get.

RickB

Have not received my electric smoker just yet. Do you soak pellets before putting them in a smoker pan? Very new to this. Had a small electric before and always soaked wood chips before smoking. Appreciate any help I can get.

No No No..never get pellets wet.

Top Bottom