What Does Your Spice Shelf Look Like?

ACW3

I was looking through my spice shelves prior to my last two cooks and wondered if my spice shelves were typical of other pellet cookers. I didn't bother to include all my "overstocks" as I keep them in several sealed containers, or my sausage-specific making supplies. My wife thinks I am overboard with my spice collection. I keep only those spices that I use frequently, with a few exceptions. I regularly "cull" my spices if they are too old to keep any longer. Here is a look at my collection.

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

Art

CarterQ

Looks good Art, you are way more organized than I am, I outgrew the "spice cabinet" in our kitchen awhile ago and now I seem to have rubs and sauces stuffed into every open space in the kitchen! (much to the chagrin of my better half) I have been told that spice and sauce organization is at the top of the Honey Do list this weekend, and this will be brought up again today when the UPS man arrives with another BPS order.......................

Last edited:

squirtthecat

Very nice! I have one kitchen cabinet stuffed, and then acquired a couple more cabinets form a friend who is gutting his kitchen. I put them out in the garage with my other assortments of cr@p.

Not very organized, but they are piled high and wide..

DSC02487.JPG

DSC02491.JPG

ACW3

I was just reminded that I cannot add any new rubs/saucesw until I "thin" my supply a lot. Sorry, BP, I was looking forward to ordering some of your new spices, sauces, etc. Maybe if I clear some space so it looks like I have actually thinned things out, I will be able to order some. Ahh, these challenges...

Art

Rip

Seeing these pics has made me realize I'm on the lighter end of the spices spectrum...got some work to do to catch up! My wife already thinks I have too many.....so, I'm thinking an alternate location for my collection...say the Harley garage, might be a good idea.

Good thing I've had some success in the contest, makes those regular BP..uh, I mean UPS, deliveries easier.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I have to take som e shots..there are about 4 big cabinets....I pretty much dont use individual spices unless Im makeing a sauce or soup, or stew something else....

ACW3

Cliff,
I bought the risers from three different sources over time. One was Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The other two came from Home Depot and Lowe's in their organization sections. My problem is that they are all slightly different and don't "play" well together. I tried to keep each type together where possible when setting them up.

Art

Chris231

Nice Art. I wish my spices were that organized. Like Carter, I have spices, rubs and sauces stuffed in every nook and cranny in the kitchen. My overflow has even moved into the garage. I do keep an extra stock of Yardbird and 3 Eyez, my two favorite rubs.

sparky

wow, art. thats alot of spices. i am not even your league. this is my spice rack.
P3240004.jpg

i have boughten alot of spices but after a while i only keep the ones i like. they rest i give away.
P3240009.jpg
you guys impress me with all the spices ya'll have. do you use them all? these are the one i use for everything i cook. :cool:

Last edited:

KimG SOW

I plead the 5th!!! LOL!!! 2 full cabinets + 1 shelve of another, which is our comp spices. This does not include the overflow shelves in the pantry.

CarterQ

Here's mine after heavy wife mandated cullage last night :D (can't even hold a candle to Art)

My main cabinet

5cc26ee4.jpg

Got a rub stash above the range hood (this was completely full before getting purged)

a75af603.jpg

Another stash of rubs and sauces on a top shelf, my wife is short so i get in less trouble stashing stuff up high :p

30b69657.jpg

ACW3

Deb,
My wife may think I have a Penzey's problem, but I don't. It's no problem for me to go to Penzey's and buy something!

Art

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK here you go....
by the stove
P1000101-1.jpg

notice jeanies salt?
Above the stove
P1000103.jpg

drawer next to stove
P1000102-1.jpg

Pantry
P1000104-1.jpg

P1000105-1.jpg

Garage
P1000107.jpg

There is one more area but I chickened out!

ACW3

BP,
In for a penny, in for a pound. Show us the other area! Is this "other area" your store storage for spices and sauces, by any chance?

Top Bottom