My Name is Big Jake and I am a Pellet Smoker.

Big_Jake

Hey guys I just wanted to drop a line and say hi before I start posting here.I have been bbq'ing for around 10 years but got my first pellet smoker in 2007.I own a Traeger 075 that I have done a few mods to.Anyway the site and forum look cool so I thought I would join.

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Big Jake! You came to the right place, great group here from pros to newbies all learning and sharing with each other. There are quite a few Traeger owners here too so you are in good company. Look forward to seeing what you cook!

Big_Jake

Thanks!

Hey thanks for the warm welcome guys.And as far as mods they were pretty basic,but helpful.Here is what I did.

1.Replaced all the stainless outside parts (door etc.) with powder coated parts.They seem to be easier to get the gunk off plus I just like the look better.
2.Switched out the old 225 controller with the new 180.That way I have the 180 settings plus the hole in front so I can adjust p-settings.
3.Added some gasket tape to the door to seal it up a bit
4.Added fire bricks on the inside to help maintain temp.

ITFD#15

Welcome I use the same unit myself. Like they say lots of people using Traeger and lots of great cooks as well, join in and interact its a lot of fun.

Top Bottom