Sparky's Almost Perfect Ribs

sparky

Another journey on the rib quest.

ya ever hit the tube and you see daylight though the end of it. you try and get threw before it closes out on ya. this is like that. almost got it dialed in. welp, away we go. see ya at the end of the tube.
P3240027.jpg

P3240031.jpg

P3240004-1.jpg

P3240008-1.jpg

P3240043-1.jpg

P3240045.jpg

P3240048.jpg

P3240063.jpg

P3240065.jpg

P3240068.jpg

1st rib rack was little louies & 3eyz. 2nd rack was little louies. 3rd rack was rib tickler. out the the 3 (and i ate all 3 racks with a FT, love a quiet house) i like the little louies the best. surprised me. i love 3eyz. next quest will be little louies only and 3eyz only. and the journey continues. kodos to little louies.

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

Sparky you are going to have to make a Sparky's top ten rib recipe list. From sweet to heat and all other Sparky creations!

sparky

hickory pellets. i used honey, brown sugar and 1 tbs butter on each rack. only difference is the rubs. bp said if your going to experiment only change one thing at a time. good advice to me. jim, i would have too look up all my past pictures on my photobucket. its alot of ribs. i am really just trying to find the perfect rib for me. flavor, texture, color. its hard. i have narrow alot of the factors down. i like the light glue (got the glue idea from bp and putting it on lightly from andy), i light the light dusty of rub (thanks bp). i use to drown the ribs in rub. no bueno. done alot at 225º & 275º. 250º better for sparky. i do like spraying with secret nectar (apple juice & jack) once or twice for the first 2-3 hours also a couple of sprays in the foil (my idea). i must admit, that little louies makes some excellent ribs. that 1st batch was outstanding!!! :cool:

Big Poppa

Administrator
wow sparky Im looking at the pics and thinking to myself..perfect amount of rub......and then I read your description.....WOuld love to here the reviews. Thanks Pal

KyNola

Nice going Spark. The "finish" on those ribs is spectacular. Beautiful coloring and nice shine to them. If they tasted half as good as they look they must have been delicious.

Top Bottom