Backstrap Benedict and Campfire Fajitas

cowgirl

I went camping for a few days.. it was a little cool out but the campfire felt so good and the trip was relaxing.
038-1.jpg

I took my weed burner and cooking grate..

023-1.jpg

brought some backstrap with me and flat iron steaks.. I let them marinate for a few hours before cooking.
fried some bacon for the hominy.. and heated a skillet of onions and peppers..

056-1.jpg

warmed the tortillas...

060-1.jpg

mine was a venison fajita...

062-1.jpg

the next morning I made toasted english muffins, heated some of the venison (and some sausage) topped with eggs easy over and made some hollandaise sauce.

021-3.jpg

the venison backstrap benedict was really tasty. One of my favorite breakfasts while out there.

025-1.jpg

many of the world's problems were solved around the campfire. lol

079-1.jpg

064-1.jpg

I had a nice time. :)

Thanks for looking!

Rip

Even when roughing it, you turn out amazing grub! Thanks for sharing Jeanie, looked like a great getaway!

ACW3

Interesting. Hollandaise Sauce on a camping trip. I like the way you roll. I normally wouldn't think of making a Hollandaise while camping. I would probably have made a batch of sausage and gravy, instead. I definitely need to expand my mind.

Art

CarterQ

Wow, that all looks amazing! Food always tastes better when you are camping and yours is over the top. Hopefully nobody was nearby as they would be extremely jealous of your "camp food"

cowgirl

Thank you all!! It was a relaxing time.
Cliff I did do some night time catfishing. :) Didn't have much luck but enjoyed every minute of it. lol
Thanks again!

sparky

your campfire food looks better than most of the food i get at restaurants. i love fishing. so relaxing. doesn't matter if you catch anything. a FT and a cigar and life is good. :)

cowgirl

Thanks Sparky, that's the way I feel about it too. Just being out there is so nice... It felt good to get away for a few days. :)

Top Bottom