The last meal(s) aka Deb will be sad tomorrow

Deb

So a couple days ago I asked my son - what do you want for your last meal - he chuckled. Since he has been in college we joke last meal since he will be back to dining hall food (and he knows slightly better quality) ........

He didn't know, I sent him Tent's Jerk pork & chicken link, my jambalaya link etc. Yesterday he said nothing spicy.... you know what I want - breaded chicken breast and just some good noodles - not fancy just with butter, and maybe a mix of veggies...... immediately I thought of bflodan's parmesan crusted chicken and I said - we could marinate the chicken in the marinade that was delivered today - he said - that's what I was thinking

So dinner was simple tonight........

started by marinating chicken breast and some cut up veggies (red pepper, onion, summer squash & zucchini) in SOW's bbq marinade.

27d3ee71.jpg

Breaded some of the chicken with bread crumbs & parmesan cheese

Set the Traeger to 450 and threw an old double burner griddle that I have on it

Breaded chicken on the griddle (the other has no breading), the veggies started on the frogmat and some on the griddle but I moved them all to the griddle after awhile

4eb81874.jpg

8cb7b5d5.jpg

the plate

162f556e.jpg

I plated this, ran outside to throw dessert on the grill, came in and he had the plate in his hand, he said - are you done with pictures :D (well trained boy)

Dessert is a simple fruit crisp (peaches, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries,raspberries)

487076cf.jpg

I'll post a final dessert pic later

I hate this growing up stuff - to you guys with little ones - enjoy them while they are home !!

Deb

then there was breakfast........

while he was sleeping ...........

bacon & sausage

99a158ea.jpg

I sent my husband out for bagels , cooked a couple eggs....... added some cheese

32428162.jpg

Deb

Bflodan - thanks for the parm crusted chicken idea - i don't know if I would have thought of the griddle but it worked great

Kim & Andy - the marinade is awesome - my son wanted to try it just from looking at the bottle

CarterQ

Great cooking Deb, I'm sure your son really appreciates it. I remember those times home from college getting some home cooking and spending time with the family. You are creating great memories for him that he will have forever. Hopefully at some point down the road he will be returning the favor!

Top Bottom