Uinta smoking

Uinta smoking

Been playing with gassers and charcoal for years but now have a traeger. I'm into cooking anythig within mamma's budget. I'm thinking ribs first.

CarterQ

Welcome Aboard, lots of Traeger cookers around here. It's a great group with tons of knowledge who love to learn and share so don't be shy about asking questions and sharing!

Rip

Welcome to the forum Uinta! When I got my Traeger, they were running a special, for a few $ extra they threw in their digital controller and a cover...so in don't have experience with other ones. I know their are other Traeger owners here who have purchased controllers from other sources, hopefully they will chime in about their choices.

There was a thread a while back on this subject as well, if I find it I will post a link.
http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet...rading-traeger-digital-control-adventure-893/

Last edited:

ITFD#15

Welcome Traeger owner. Not sure how many choices you have as far as temp controllers, like Rip mine came with the Traeger upgrade.
But if there are more options someone here will know.

HoDeDo

Either controller is fine. There are two that I am aware of. One is the standard digital, and the other is the "LV 180". It has an extra detent after smoke that allows for 180 degree smoking (like the old original controllers used to). Most folks I know think the 225 deg. controller is fine. I believe they are roughly the same price.

Top Bottom