Another Tri Tip

CarterQ

Sorry if Tri Tip gets old but I wanted to give the BPS Double Secret Steak Rub a spin on one to see how it was.

Here we go:

Got a nice little tri tip and hit it with the Double Secret

a1d7a1e5.jpg

Onto the MAK @275 for a little reverse sear action

999c78af.jpg

It's Artichoke season around here so we are taking advantage of it and grilling some up. Boiled them for 30 minutes, sliced in half, and removed the choke and drizzled with garlic olive oil.

a49ff4d5.jpg

0df36cea.jpg

Onto the MAK with some corn to get a little smoke

243ade05.jpg

Smoked to 120 and ready to sear

3796012b.jpg

Crank up to high and over the flame zone we go, time to grill the artichokes as well

8bbea959.jpg

All done- pulled @140 and time to rest

e7903027.jpg

Last edited:

CarterQ

Another Tri Tip Part 2

While the meats resting grill up the Artichokes

ea2f8d32.jpg

Do a little garlic bread

43d74d9f.jpg

9bda08c0.jpg

Finish off the corn over the flame zone (it had been sitting in foil the whole cook)

2e334fa0.jpg

Moment of truth

b06937e5.jpg

Plated up

9a1ed162.jpg

This was a great meal with the centerpiece of course being the meat. The BPS Double Secret rub is phenomenal on a Tri Tip, it's not hype folks this rub is really really good.

Deb

Nice CarterQ!

BPS double secret rub is on the menu tonight, just not sure what it is going on

Big Poppa

Administrator
It makes all the work worthwhile to read these reviews of the rubs! Carter one little hint...on the artichokes stteam them instead of boiling I find that they keep better flavor and better texture....just about 20-25 minutes....Not trying to boss the master around...just a little tip if you havent tried it....also desert gold is great with artichokes

CarterQ

Not trying to boss the master around...just a little tip if you havent tried it....also desert gold is great with artichokes

Boss away, I will definitely give that a try, I can see how the DG would work nicely on them. As for the master part, well I gots ways to go for that!

ht01us

It makes all the work worthwhile to read these reviews of the rubs! Carter one little hint...on the artichokes stteam them instead of boiling I find that they keep better flavor and better texture....just about 20-25 minutes....Not trying to boss the master around...just a little tip if you havent tried it....also desert gold is great with artichokes

We've been microwaving ours with just a tad bit of water to great results.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I know its getting to be prime season when I see big ole strawberries in the sheds by the road and see artichokes on the grill....I eat a lot of artichokes in the summer. Strawberries too!

CarterQ

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

I know its getting to be prime season when I see big ole strawberries in the sheds by the road and see artichokes on the grill....I eat a lot of artichokes in the summer. Strawberries too!

I drive by a couple of strawberry stands on my way to work and they both had the open soon signs out and could see the red berries in the field. Prime time is right around the corner.

Top Bottom