Hickory Smoked Crab Legs & Steak

cowgirl

I used my drum for these... but they work fine on a pellet smoker. (my drum was feeling neglected)
The ribeyes smoked for 45 minutes total and were turned half way through.
The king crab legs are already cooked so they just need to be heated through..they take on a nice bit of smoke in 30 to 35 minutes. I keep an eye on them so they do not dry out.

cb11c822-1.jpg

After smoking, I seared the steaks on the Memphis Pro... these were seared for 7 minutes per side.

fe73a48a-1.jpg

The hickory smoked crab legs with garlic butter, twice baked potatoes, smoked ribyeyes with shrooms and salad

6ca97d0d-1.jpg

f4f4a81f-1.jpg

I love reverse seared steak...
The legs take on a nice mild smoke flavor too... they are some of my favorite things to smoke.

MAK DADDY

If your stuff tastes half as good as your pictures look oh my! Thanks for posting, Kerrie and I love King crab legs we will have to try your 30min smoke time!

Bear

The only thing I see wrong with that, is it isn't sitting in front of me right now.

Those pics make me want to lick my computer screen!

TTNuge

Looks great. So you just make the crab legs like normal and then smoke them after they are already cooked?

sparky

all i got to say is, WOW. you cook more stuff on the grill than i would ever think off. you are truly a master chef.

cowgirl

Thank you everybody! Smoked crab legs and ribeyes are one of my favorites. :)

Looks great. So you just make the crab legs like normal and then smoke them after they are already cooked?

TTNuge, sorry, I should have specified.. The king crab legs that I get here are already cooked and frozen .... so I just thaw them out before smoking. They aren't always uniform in size so I have to keep an eye on them so they won't dry out. Some finish sooner than others. I check to see if they are heated through. Hope they turn out well for you! :)

Top Bottom