Mixing BBQr's Delight Pellets

Star1021Scott

Hey guys, so i've recieved all my stuff from BPS, minus the most importance piece, my new MAK, but no worries it will be here Tuesday.

In the interim I have purchased some BBQr's Delight Hickory Pellets. Since this is my first experience with Pellets, I had to take a lighter to one of them just to smell them, was absolutely impressed!

(Edited by BP)
Now, with that being said, main question here was, does anyone foresee issues with mixing mesquite, hickory, and apple together? Or any recommendations other them using them individually?

Thanks in advance for the insight! And by the way BP, i'm typing this enjoying my favorite adult beverage in my brand new BPS koozie!

Last edited:

scooter

the mesquite will dominate unless it's kept in smaller proportion to the rest. I don't use mesquite at all anymore. Just don't like the flavor it imparts. YMMV.

sparky

what do you think about oak scooter? i do agree about the mesquite. it is strong but i use it on steaks, tri tip.

scooter

Oak is my favorite which is why I went with BD in the first place. The BD oak pellets are outstanding. Next to them it's the blend in the hickory pellets that you'll find most in my pellet stash! :)

Top Bottom