Thrill of the grill

Uinta smoking

How many out there are like me? I like cooking it more than eating it. This has been going on for a long time dating back to my gasser and charcoal times. Like the ribs today that were tender and juicy. I would rather cook it than eat it. How many out there are like me?

HoDeDo

I usually have my fill of eating by May. At least the normal competition meats.... I still like just about everything else you can cook on a smoker or grill.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Me too...I still like ribs and maybe one thigh at comps....I love cooking period...It is more than a hobby1

CarterQ

I'm with BP, indoors or out cooking never gets old. I actually have my wife requesting "can I please cook dinner?". It is more fun sharing it though but if I don't love it then I don't want to share it.

ACW3

It is more than a hobby. I love to cook, not only on my MAK, but in the kitchen as well. I usually don't have the issue of my wife requesting to cook, however.

Art

smoker pete

It is more than a hobby. I love to cook, not only on my MAK, but in the kitchen as well. I usually don't have the issue of my wife requesting to cook, however.

Ditto ... It's been over 20 years since my wife cooked dinner - LOL ... More and more, it's getting to where I share with family and friends and sometimes leave very little for us. But then, I wouldn't have it any other way!!

sparky

i agree completely. i would rather cook than eat too. i love cooking stuff outside. my wife does all the cooking inside, me outside. works good for us.

TentHunter

Me too!

And it goes beyond the actual cook itself. It's the whole process of creating, making & experimenting with rubs & sauces, learning something new, anticipating how it will turn out, watching others enjoy what you made. It's the thrill of...

taking something like this..... & turning it into something like this:
HAMSTX07.JPG

The whole truly does become more than the sum of its parts. It gets in your blood and takes a hold of you. We become more than mere hobbyists; we become craftsmen and craftswomen.

Great thread!

nepas

Ditto

I love cooking and smoking and bbq and cooking and smoking and bbq and cooking and smoking and bbq and sausage making to.

Oh yeah and the Mrs

sparky

oh. thank you, still just having fun. like to hang out in the backyard. getting ready to plant the garden soon. i like to grow stuff. veges, fruit trees, roses and other stuff. fun to see things grow. there's nothing better than picking a tomato and eating it right off the vine. :)

Uinta smoking

That's right sparky, about the tomato. It's time to bury potatos and onions. Herbs and tomatos in the window. This year the garden will be crazy w/ 2yr. old twins that want to touch everything that I do. Poor, poor plants. I hope I get to harvest something to grill later this summer.

chas.

I don't like cooking better than eating but I like it plenty. I've been a full-time caterer for 12 yrs. now and I never get tired of it. Not everyone can make a living doing their hobby. Now that's lucky!

Top Bottom