Steak n Eggs on the Hasty Bake

cowgirl

The weather cooperated this week so I had the chance to use the Hasty Bake again.
I love it! :)
My hens are really keeping me supplied with eggs..

007-1.jpg

I seasoned some ribeyes with a dry rub sent to me by a smoking friend..

008-1.jpg

fried some tatoes and onions until just tender then threw the steaks on..

017-1.jpg

added a few leeks.. (I love grilled leeks)

036-2-1.jpg

then some fresh eggs.. I basted in butter to set the tops..

053-1-1.jpg

I combined my grilled leeks with my fried potatoes, topped the ribeye with the eggs...

075-1-1.jpg

It was kinda tasty!

085-1.jpg

This is just my third cook on the Hasy Bake but so far I really love it! Hope to get some better weather soon so I can do some serious grilling with it.

Thanks for looking!

Chris231

"It was KINDA tasty!"? That looks absolutely delicious! This makes me want to go throw some bacon and eggs on the smoker right now!

Rip

I'm with Sparky, this is borderline torture to wake up and see...looks great Jeanie!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I know this is a pellet forum but Hasty Bakes are just out of this world. Fantastic cook Jenie....did you use the top shelf this time? Perfect bumper to bumper temp

TentHunter

Oh, now I am hungry!

I am gonna have to try some grilled leeks.

That basket full of eggs looks like a beautiful Easter basket. Ancona chickens?

nepas

Momma

I'm coming home.

When i was growing up and my mom & pops little chicken farm we had chickens that laid pale blue eggs, called easter chickens

Looks great Jeanie

CarterQ

Man Jeanie, that made my pop tart and coffee seem very inadequate this morning! Great looking steak, can't wait for the weather to get better, I want to see what "serious" grilling on your Hasty Bake looks like.

cowgirl

Thanks Sparky and Rip! :)
BP I love the Hasty Bake. It's amazing! I used the top shelf for the potatoes but not the steaks this time. I am still getting the "feel" for the unit. Thank you!!

Thank you Cliff and Nepas!
These are ameraucana chickens.. they lay the light blue and green eggs. My marans lay the dark chocolate eggs and the others are from a wide variety. I keep heavy breeds..they are good for both eggs and for the pot. :)

Thank you Carter! I'm looking forward to playing with the Hasty Bake this summer!

Top Bottom