Homemade Rub

nepas

Made up some homemade rub a friends wife came up with. Really good on everything.

Made the original.
DSC00309-1.jpg

And her spicy and i added my own ingredient to it in the form of Gunpowder. Top sorta left dark spice.
DSC00312-2.jpg

Oh yeah our friends name here on the forum is Kynola :)

KyNola

Thanks for the shout out NePaS. I'll bet the addition of the Gunpowder to Jan's Dry Rub adds a whole new flavor dimension to the party.

sparky

i never know how much of this or that to put in. i like what you got going though. i just keep calling jessie when i run out of stuff. i seem to place a order every 3 or 4 weeks or so. works for me. "jessie, it me sparky. the usual plz". she's cool. :cool:

CarterQ

Nice lookin rub there, I think everyone should at least try a few homemade rubs to see how flavors interact and how flavor profiles can be played with. Commercial rubs are great but it is cool to understand how the calculator came up with the number when you hit the equal sign.

Rip

Great point Carter! Chris Lilly (in the Big Bob Gibson BBQ book, available at BPS.com) gives a great primer on building a rub and how the different seasonings interract.

Top Bottom