SOW Chicken meets Desert Gold - Repost from Contest

Rip

Slowly but surely some of the latest products are finding their way to my kitchen...time to put them to work!

Today's Stars:
IMG_2052sm.jpg

Started off with two spatchcocked chickens, the thighs were removed so they would fit into three one gallon bags. SOW BBQ Marinade was added, extraneous air was carefully purged, pressure set to one atmosphere, and then sealed for 4 hours. (yeah, a marinade express would be nice!)
IMG_2023sm.jpg

Hit with a dusting of BPS Desert Gold and then onto the grill at 250, hickory pellets.
IMG_2025sm.jpg

After 20 minutes, up to 325, @IT 150, up to 375 until IT 165.
IMG_2031sm.jpg

While the chicken rested, Twice Baked potatoes and Asparagus were put on at 375. The asparagus was also marinaded in SOW BBQ Marinade. The potatoes had the usual plus bacon chunks.
IMG_2032sm.jpg

Looking good!
IMG_2040sm.jpg

IMG_2035sm.jpg

IMG_2042sm.jpg

IMG_2045sm.jpg

The verdict? Andy and Kim have a real winner with SOW BBQ Marinade! BPS Desert Gold also lived up to it's advance billing. The chicken was awesome! The marinade flavor was great on the asparagus as well. A very tasty meal, thanks Kim, Andy, and BP!

Oh yeah, did I mention brownies had been baked too?
IMG_2046sm.jpg

Rip

Thanks all! The SOW marinade has those garlic chunks in it which toast up nicely and the rest of the marinade really helped with browning the skin! The Desert Gold added a nice punch up to the flavor. Together they produced a medley of flavors that just kinda dance around while chewing...ok, now I'm getting hungry! Cooking these reminded me of the thread the other day about cooking or eating....I could have been very happy just cranking out those golden brown chickens all day (with refreshments of course!)

HoDeDo

Our pics of the the breasts we did with the desert gold are coming, as are rib pics. Missed out on last weeks contest, but we'll have them in next week. and Comp food is coming :) woo hoo!

GREAT looking plate RIP, now I'm getting hungry! Desert Gold went great with the marinade on ours too!

Top Bottom