Ciabatta Panini Sammies with Personal Pizzas - Repost from Contest

Rip

My wife bought some Ciabatta bread and wanted to do something with it...I suggested Panini Sammies, she said, "We don't have a Panini Press"...I just smiled.

The Personal Pizzas are for the kids.

First up, soften up some veggies, about 30 minutes at 250
IMG_2001sm-1.jpg

Here's the Ciabatta bread and ingredients: Onion, pepper, mushrooms, Garlic-cayenne Olive oil, sliced mozzarella, tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, and left-over Tri-Tip. The onions, etc were also softened on the grill.
IMG_2002sm.jpg

The Ciabatta bread was butterflied, brushed with the olive oil, and the ingredients were layered on.
IMG_2006sm.jpg

Pizza ingredients were assembled, sauce, cayenne, tomatoes, basil, Tip-Tip, shredded mozzarella, and crusts. Not pictured: pepperoni, chopped smoked bacon, and sliced pineapple.
IMG_2004sm.jpg

On to the wood fired oven, set to high (~425 today). The homemade panini press is shown: Grill Grates and a brick, perfect! Cooking time was about 20 minutes.
IMG_2012sm.jpg

The grill marks would be even more pronounced if the brick had been on the whole time, (thought of it about half way through)
IMG_2014sm.jpg

These turned out great! Cripspy outside, gooey inside. My wife has already bought more Ciabatta bread.
IMG_2021sm.jpg

The rest of the pizzas were thrown on...the best part of these 8" pizzas is everybody got to choose their own toppings.
IMG_2027sm.jpg

IMG_2025asm.jpg

IMG_2029sm.jpg

A simple and fun dinner!

sparky

i love all of it. looks so fresh. nice job rip. i want to make the panini thingy except leave it open but the same stuff on it. dang, got to stop looking at this photo gallery before dinner. your no rookie noob no more. you long last that symbol. you do produce some nice food. i like that way you cook. :cool:

TentHunter

I love your use of the grill grates for the paninis!

Love the personal pizzas too! Those are popular at our house with pita or flat bread. That fresh tomato & basil pizza has me licking my chops!

Rip

Thanks for all the kind words! This was a fun cook and I'm sure you are all aware of what a great leftover vehicle the ciabatta and pizza's can be...we did another panini monday using chicken leftovers from Sunday's cook...yum yum!

Top Bottom