I'm Phil and I am a new Country Smoker CS-570 owner in Soutwest Ontario

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Phil! Great group here to learn and share with. There are a few folks here with Country Smoker experience too. Can't wait to see what you cook!

Ontari-que

I did my first cook today. I did a 6 pound pork shoulder. It took about 10 hours, and came out tender & juicy, with a nice smoke ring. It was a big hit with the wife and guests we had over.

I had a little trouble keeping the smoker at 225 degrees at first, as it was 32 degrees outside when I started this morning and got up to 55 before I was done. I bought a remote thermometer yesterday, and today I realized I need two; one tfor meat temp and another for grill temp. There were a few times when the smoker got to 300 degrees before I realized it. I think the pork was pretty forgiving but other meats might not be. I used more pellets than I thought I would, because I had to set the control almost to "medium" to get the temp I needed.

All in all, it was a very good experience. I will never fear making pork butt.

TTNuge

I did my first cook today. I did a 6 pound pork shoulder. It took about 10 hours, and came out tender & juicy, with a nice smoke ring. It was a big hit with the wife and guests we had over.

I had a little trouble keeping the smoker at 225 degrees at first, as it was 32 degrees outside when I started this morning and got up to 55 before I was done. I bought a remote thermometer yesterday, and today I realized I need two; one tfor meat temp and another for grill temp. There were a few times when the smoker got to 300 degrees before I realized it. I think the pork was pretty forgiving but other meats might not be. I used more pellets than I thought I would, because I had to set the control almost to "medium" to get the temp I needed.

All in all, it was a very good experience. I will never fear making pork butt.

Get yourself a Maverick ET-732 from Big Poppa Smokers and you'll be set with both meat and pit temps.

Top Bottom