Sparky's Ribs Quest cont's.....

sparky

and our story starts like....
there was a kind older gentleman (cute too) who loves ribs. he found a new butcher in granite bay so he could go play in the bay (witty also). welp, it goes like this.
P3310003.jpg

top rack is BP style (he told me light little louies & then 3 eyz). bottom rack is rib tickler.
P3310009.jpg

onto #336 at 250º
P3310016.jpg

cya in 5 hours.

sparky

and the plot thickens

disclaimer : there were no foil, butter, honey or brown sugar harmed in this test. straight up naked

didn't really time anything. put them on around 1 pm not really sure when i took them off. i use the toothpick test. the longer rack was more done than the other one. if that makes since. i was scrubbing the pool and wasn't paying attention. i didn't spray either. the first rack was from new butcher
P3310003-1.jpg

P3310002-1.jpg

the second one was from old butcher.
P3310011-1.jpg

P3310009-1.jpg

welp, BP rack (long one) was better. i like the little louies & 3 eyz better. it was good eating them naked too. its ah, a dry rib thats for sure. i think at 4th of july party i will serve both (wet & dry). the BP rack (long one) didn't have much fat on it but it was real, real good. if ya'll were to buy these two racks which one would ya'll buy? i tell ya something, putting the ribs on and never opening the lid for 4 or 5 hours was nice. ;)

Last edited:

ht01us

disclaimer : there were no foil, butter, honey or brown sugar harmed in this test. straight up naked

Wow; if this post didn't have your name on it, I'd never guess it was your cook! They look great.

I'm planning a similar cook this weekend. Baby backs; just a little rub, no foil, spray. I'm going to cook them on the Mak upper grate over a big ol' pan of water, just 'cause.

Looking forward to the picnic. What time did you say it starts? :)

ht01us

Ooops

:eek:
Jeesh, I just read my message and it totally didn't come across as I meant it.

Wow; if this post didn't have your name on it, I'd never guess it was your cook! They look great.

SORRY. I just meant that your cooking method was different than usual.

I love what you do Sparky.

sparky

its friday, got stuff on the grill and a ice chest full of cold FT (i love my wife, when i got home from work she had a ice chest full of FT that she put on ice at 8am. she had the day off) while smoking a romeo & julieta cuban. dude, its all good. cowabunga baby. :cool:

Top Bottom