Great job s.o.w.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Great Start...Wow How about Todd (plowboy) GC first in chicken Ribs and Pork!

SMoke on Wheels had a strong 4th

HoDeDo

Amazing contest to be sure! Todd has been looking for that allusive 1st place chicken for WAY to long (11 years!) That alone was great to see happen.... but to see the other two first place calls, in that field of 75+ teams.... That is strong... I would say near impossible odds to get 3 firsts in that crowd.

Our 4th place was awesome... but would have felt better with a chicken call in there, but getting the other calls were nice :)

Great Pala Finish BP!

Rip

Kim and Andy, real happy for you and your high finish! You'll get 'em on chicken next time!

BP, hard to imagine you guys schlubbing anything culinary!

Plowboy

I tasted Andy's chicken and thought it was GREAT. Cooked perfectly.

Next time, I wouldn't turn in gizzards though.

HoDeDo

Ok, Todd, see if I trust you with any of my "game changers" again.... Geesh. LOL

I know, I know, 5 min behind and my sauce wasn't set. I'll go to my room now. Livers only next time.

jimsbarbecue

The only thing wrong with the brisket was I didn't steal what was left after turn ins. I bet if it was a two day comp and you turned in the same brisket the next day the team would walk.Seriously I wouldn't let the team over think this one.

HoDeDo

Nope, You nailed it Jim... Trust the recipes, I am not changing a think next week. If you like it, roll with it. I would say the same thing on the brisket to BPS. I know they can produce a good one. I have eaten it :)

KimG SOW

This was a great contest as usual. We were overall all very happy with how we did, but like Andy said were disappointed that the chicken didn't get a call.

But the worst thing for the weekend was the girls...... They cooked the Kids' Q and placed very low, but THEY were happy with what they turned in. They had to use EZ-Grills which they (and me) don't like, they are use to their 22in Webers. But they are already planning for this coming weekend in Osage City, KS.

Here is how they look at it.... Kaylin - 1 Lauren - 0 We will see how this changes through the season. LOL!

Plowboy

Ok, Todd, see if I trust you with any of my "game changers" again.... Geesh. LOL

I know, I know, 5 min behind and my sauce wasn't set. I'll go to my room now. Livers only next time.

Andy, like I say all the time... I know ALL of your secrets... because I gave them to you!! Now get that sauce set next time, sonny.

Plowboy

This was a great contest as usual. We were overall all very happy with how we did, but like Andy said were disappointed that the chicken didn't get a call.

But the worst thing for the weekend was the girls...... They cooked the Kids' Q and placed very low, but THEY were happy with what they turned in. They had to use EZ-Grills which they (and me) don't like, they are use to their 22in Webers. But they are already planning for this coming weekend in Osage City, KS.

Here is how they look at it.... Kaylin - 1 Lauren - 0 We will see how this changes through the season. LOL!

Yes, Michael is already keeping score as well. Michael - 1 Christian - 0

HoDeDo

Yes, Michael is already keeping score as well. Michael - 1 Christian - 0

I was thinking today, I saw Val's great pics of Christian and Kaylin... and then one of Brent, Paul, and the Early boys.. they are the next gen of BBQ'rs. So our kids are next wave after them... Wonder where this thing will be in 10 yrs....

Top Bottom