Pala Competition Results Big Poppa Smokers

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok
coming of our first GC we were curious to see what would happen.
2nd Chicken
7th ribs
6th Pork Butt
I dont know about brisket yet but we didnt get a call....

4th over all Nice!

jimsbarbecue

Big Popps Smokers Team Pala 2011 Results

Here is the link to the photos. Once again a big thank you to the Big Poppa Team to allow us in the area to document their movements to be able to share with all.
Pala Competition 2011 - Jim Bloomfield Photography

What Patty and I have to say about the results: Its BAD luck to break a coffee pot!

That same brisket at a different table would have different results that would get you out of your seat.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yeah Jim the Hoam Team guy walked in brisket It was great first comp dq's in ribs......beat us in brisket

jimsbarbecue

The brisket in Patty's words one of the best she has ever had. If I have to say so myself I have made good briskets so she is a good judge.
I would be interested in the scores and where they scored you down.I have a theory that the Strube is so moist and tender that it may take some judges time to realize this is what a good brisket is as they are use to eating dry tough meat.

Matt Dalton

Sterling you guys were 16th in brisket right in front of us..maybe they didn't like the Strube?...how that would be even remotely possible is beyond me..oh well we will roll on to Gilbert and cook another!...congrats on the walks I thought for a minute it was another GC for you guys but then Brazen got a 4th call and that sealed the deal..good luck up in Sac

Top Bottom