Big Poppa Smokers Pala Contest Friday Dinner

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok I brought the drum smoker...No pellets on the meat. I used the MAK one star for the taters.

It was salad, MAK smoked taters, Hot Squeeze and Big Poppa Desert Gold vacuum tumbled seared ahi on the chimney and a grill grate (for Scooter), Prime Prime Rib seasoned with Little Louies w pepper, Double Secret and a dash of smokin guns hot, and the Coupe de Ville Strube Ranch Texas Wagyu Beef Ribs. The meat on these things were crazy good. Jody Sliced and chunked these as the were HUGE.
DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

We also had the fabulous Woodhouse Chocolates from Napa Valley...Tracey and John Woodhouse are new competitors and brought us some of their chocolate

Sorry there arent more pics....both cameras batteries died. Jimsbarbeque can add some pics (please) and maybe a review.....

So Cal Smoker

Hey BP, how do you like the Tumbler? What did it do for your ahi? I've never used mine on fish but for chicken, ribs, and some cuts of beef it gives a lot of flavor. I also found that things cook much faster when they have been tumbled.

jimsbarbecue

Friday Night

Here are some photos. Every time I go to a Big Poppa Event I come away with something I need to get. This visit the tumbler is my next. Can't wait to get and try on numerous items.Marinade Express
Here is the link to all the photos I took on Friday

Pala Friday Night - Jim Bloomfield Photography

Here are some of the photos so you don't need to leave PelletSmoking to view. The food was over the Top!. Starting with seared ahi tuna that was a appetizer ( more like a main course ) Then Strube Beef ribs that were so big that Jody sliced and cubed some as they were a meal in themselves and like the Ahi Tuna were appetizers. The main course was bake potatoes with salad and sliced to order by Big Poppa boneless prime rib roast.The food was fantastic.Thanks to the BPS Team as shown in photo Joe,Brad,Big Poppa,Jody for Good eats and a great time.Big Poppa of couse was feeding folks from the other teams too. The best was one team member who took just a 2 inch thick sliced piece of roast and eating it like "finger" food. I just hope one day soon Big Poppa offers the Strube beef ribs and the roast we had for sale with the brisket which we got to taste on Saturday.The Friday night cook lives up to its Legend!
1237570711_KKfPy-M.jpg

1237566039_DXVQ8-M.jpg

1237564662_ANUPQ-M.jpg

1237565140_Gp4Bb-M.jpg

1237563184_2bRFc-M.jpg

1237572742_madGd-M.jpg

1237577679_37pJa-M.jpg

1237580119_mrrgD-M.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Sac Comp

I am not have two commitments that weekend. Sparky if you can go. We had a good time on Friday night. Saturdays are fun too for me. I like to go early as the teams are still a little loose and are just having or finishing breakfast.Once they get in the cooking mode they are busy.Which I would say anytime after 10( or earlier) until last turn in.The folks in the photos I will have to leave up to Big Poppa. He has family and friends come by and other team members. New friends he may have made while there.The Big Poppa team was also next to the Woodhouse BBQ team who's weekday business is gourmet chocolate. Good Food and Chocolate. A good Cigar for those that enjoy that. You would need your own FT.

Top Bottom