Salmon and Taters

CarterQ

Had a little hankering for some salmon and wanted to try out BP's oven smoked taters.

Here we go:

Took some salmon

c9914692.jpg

Took some of this

665c6d32.jpg

Tossed it in the marinade express for 30

bea0c52b.jpg

While the salmon getting flavorized worked on the taters, cubed up some Yukon Golds

f835813f.jpg

Chopped a little garlic

708a7747.jpg

1/2 stick of butter melted in mak running @400 (about 5 min)

d8546d93.jpg

Tossed it all together with some of this

55acf0fc.jpg

8d7e703a.jpg

On to the MAK @400

849b6561.jpg

Salmon out of the express, hit it with a light dusting of Desert Gold

55ce9dba.jpg

CarterQ

Salmon and Taters 2

Stirred the taters at 30 minutes and cooked for another 15, then put the fish on the grill along with some fish sticks (gotta keep the munchkins happy!)

863f6319.jpg

Taters all done after an hour @400

edc195fe.jpg

Stirred up

5eca5ed1.jpg

Salmon looking good after 15 minutes @400

0a0bab12.jpg

Time to eat

010c82e8.jpg

This came out great, the SOW marinade is fabulous on fish, my wife loves it and this was some of the best Salmon we have had. BP's potato recipe was great as well, will be playing with this one in the future.

Rip

That's a great looking plate! What method do you use to determine when the salmon is ready?

sparky

tators, tators, tators. i love tators and your look so good. i like fish too. to bad i don't live up the block from ya. i will bring FT and pellets. ;)

jimsbarbecue

Looks Good. I have a Marinade Express on order. Did you use for lack of a better term the "Rinse Cycle" before using the marinade on the fish? Any advice on marinades either marinade express brand or other you had luck with.

CarterQ

Looks Good. I have a Marinade Express on order. Did you use for lack of a better term the "Rinse Cycle" before using the marinade on the fish? Any advice on marinades either marinade express brand or other you had luck with.

I haven't tried the "cleansing" step and "neutral" marinade that came with the unit yet, if you look on their website and the Grovac process website it's pretty interesting how the vac and tumble process can sanitize meats. Will definitely be playing with this when I get more time.

As for marinades so far I have used both of the SOW products on chicken, fish, and pork with good results. I have also used homemade marinades that I have been doing for years and they have come out excellent. Tried jerky with good results. The key is making sure that there is plenty of liquid in the marinade. The unit came with about 10 different flavors of Marinade Express brand marinades but I haven't tried these yet.

I have also read claims that food that has been vac marinaded cooks faster but I haven't seen much difference. Would be an interesting experiment to try out.

Overall I am very happy with the unit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom