My name is Rick and I am a pellet smoker.

pcacman

I got my pellet smoker yesterday, put it together, burn it in, and cooked a 5 lb
standing rib roast. I used Bryons butt rub, it was a little to smoky tasting for
our taste, hopefully I'll get the hang of it, this was my first ever smoking so any
tips would be appreciated. overall it was so tender and tasty melt in your mouth.

Rip

Hi Rick, welcome to the forum! Tell us a little about your smoker and your technique, (temps, times, pellets). There are ways to reduce the amount of smoke flavor and still get very tender meat.

ACW3

Welcome from North Carolina. Learning to cook on a pellet grill is a wonderful experience. No bad cooks, just some better than others.

Art

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Rick! As you can see this group loves to help, little more info and you'll be smoking like a pro in no time.

pcacman

Thanks everybody for the welcome, I bought the GMG Jim bowie and I just got their pellets
for now. A young man that works for me cooked at competitions with his dad so he help with
my ribs I cooked last night, they were great. I used Byrons rub and finished them off with honey
and brown sugar with a little apple juice. For some reason it didn't smoke as much last night,
maybe it's getting burnt in. I want to try that hall of fame deep pan pizza maybe tonight, just
not sure of temp and time, off to work!!!

Top Bottom