Smoke In The Spring - Osage City, KS April 8 & 9

KimG SOW

We start prepping for this contest tomorrow. 83 Teams. We'll see how this one goes, we never do very well here. But we always have a BLAST! :cool:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Good Luck I will be at Meadow Creeks Open House...I get to meet Nepas there. I also get to pick up our new catering trailer

HoDeDo

Cant wait to see the new catering rig! Sounds like it will be awesome! We still need to talk about your KS trip!! :)

KimG SOW

Maybe I will remember to take some pics. I used to take a lot, but I've been slacking this past year. Someone call me on Friday and tell me to TAKE SOME PICTURES!!! LOl!

KimG SOW

Results

We had a great time. Here is how we did: 4th in Chicken, 45th Ribs, 50th Pork, 7th Brisket; 14th Overall. We really couldn't believe how badly we did in Ribs & Pork. We think we know the issues and it will be fixed before the Butt to Butt next weekend. But like I stated earlier, we really never do well here, so we were happy with the 2 calls we did get.

I also did dessert and got a Perfect Score - 180!!! I was very excited!!! :D

The girls did an awesome job with their Kids' Qs. We were very proud of them, they worked hard and had fun. The only thing was they didn't have enough meat to make more than 2 burgers each, so they didn't have enough to 'taste test'. Here is how they did:

Kaylin did a play off of a Oklahoma Joe's BBQ sandwich - the Z-Man. Well it didn't go over well and she finished last. She was NOT happy. :mad:

Lauren did a Mexican burger topped with guacamole. She WON!!! :D

I did remember to take pictures!! I will get those uploaded tomorrow.

Top Bottom