How many #'s of pellets a week do you burn?

bbqslayer

I got into cooking on a Traeger 070 last year just before winter hit. Only used it 8-10 times. Love the taste of food from it. Weather is better now and all I want to do is BBQ grill stuff. The wife is on me because of my expense of buying pellets. I get them from the local Ace hardware where I got the grill. Seems like everyweek I need another $18.95 bag. Wife'y says $80.00 a month is to much for us. Should I get a new wife LOL or a part time job to Keep Q"N? I've heard from some say do a bulk order but here in western NM not much around. She'll have a cow when I tell her I nedd several hundred dollars for pellets. Just like to hear how much cookin others do so I can show her I'm not alone at this.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I dont know if I should tell....it may hurt your chances...

Normal week is 20 pounds Some weekends with comapny can reach 40 lbs....I also cook for this forum and to feed my facebook

jimsbarbecue

I use to many. recently got 480 pounds from Big Poppa delivered to my door. I would say maximize your cooks by cooking once for three dinners etc. I have cooked on the weekend and made enough for the whole week before. Some items to cook and use later. chicken, meatloaf, pulled pork,bacon and if I sat here long enough could think of others.

Uinta smoking

I've had my Traeger for a month now and as I type My 3rd bag is about to expire. 60 pounds of trager pellets in a month. I've done 1 all nighter and a bunch of others just trying to see how this works. I've got my BBQr's Delight ready for the hopper for the next time. My wife hasen't bit my head off yet 'cause she love the food more than me.

scooter

10-20lbs/week when I'm on the MAK. Some weekends I'm on the WSM (as of last Sunday, WSM's :)) so I'm burning up to 20lbs of charcoal instead.

Last edited:

nepas

Well with 3 pellet running units.

MAK, Traeger and Smokehouse.

I quit keep a log last year. 2010 between all 3 was 1300 lbs

Top Bottom