MAK 1 Star searing grate and griddle, hot off of the TIG welder.

squirtthecat

Man, did I get a box of goodies today...

20110406165955.jpg

MAK Daddy emails me and says to try them out when I get a chance. I pick them up and walk out the back door, as I was starting dinner.

DSC02525.JPG

Not the best test, but what the heck. Baby baked potatoes and broccoli/cheese stuffed chicken breasts. Frozen solid. (hence the washed out cruddy pic)

DSC02529.JPG

After 40 minutes or so, I dumped the spuds on the griddle, and moved the chickens to the upper 1/2 rack - which straddles the searing grate + griddle nicely.

DSC02533.JPG

Rolled the spuds around a bit for some more color.

20110406191021.jpg

MrsSTC comes home late from school... We have a 'stand up dinner'.

Here is what's left..

20110406201359.jpg

The griddle flat out rocks! Now I need to get some GOOD steaks to try the searing grate out properly...

CarterQ

You'll love them both, they will turn that 1 star into another grill. Do you have the flame zone drip pan?

jimsbarbecue

On the griddle: treat it like a cast iron pan. Oil up good before using and after your done cooking while still warm spray with a little water scrap with a wood spatula and then wrap the end of the spatula with paper towels and wipe clean. The sear grate as with any grill wipe with a paper towel coated in cooking oil before putting food on. Cleaning use a Grill Daddy Brush while still warm.Trust me you will use these a lot. I have artichokes on the searing grate right now.

squirtthecat

You'll love them both, they will turn that 1 star into another grill. Do you have the flame zone drip pan?

It's coming next... I believe they are still tweaking it.

On the griddle: treat it like a cast iron pan. Oil up good before using and after your done cooking while still warm spray with a little water scrap with a wood spatula and then wrap the end of the spatula with paper towels and wipe clean. The sear grate as with any grill wipe with a paper towel coated in cooking oil before putting food on. Cleaning use a Grill Daddy Brush while still warm.Trust me you will use these a lot. I have artichokes on the searing grate right now.

Cool. I was wondering how to clean this thing before I get it too mucked up.

Top Bottom