Testing new Fish Mat with Salmon

smoker pete

Used a few Salmon fillets to test out my new Fish Mats. Seasoned 2 fillets with the wife's favorite, Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze with Honey & Pineapple and the other 2 fillets with a dash of Old Bay & Fagundes Seasonings.

salmon1.jpg

Preheated the MAK to 400ºF using some Broadleaf 60/40 Alder pellets. Put the Salmon fillets skin side down.

salmon2.jpg

Checked the Salmon after 15 minutes and wound up pulling them at the 18 minute mark when the Salmon easily flaked away with a fork. The Fish Mat worked really great. The Salmon did not stick to the mat and sure made the cleanup easy. I used to grill my Salmon inside a foil boat in my propane grill. I like the way this turned out better. Will be using the Fish Mat for other types of fish soon.

salmon3.jpg

smoker pete

which is better? frogmat or fishmat?

Since you asked Uinta smoking I just compared a frogmat with the type of fish mat that I have. Turns out the size of the squares are identical. So I guess you can use either/or and they should both function the same!!

When I bought my MAK it seemed like a good idea to buy both at the time :D

scooter

What's the price difference between the two? I assume the fishmat with it's additional non stick coating and covered edges is more expensive and only comes in set sizes??

Uinta smoking

So they work about the same? Still trying to talk mamma into a digital controller(for my traeger) and now I need a mat too?? I guess if I use pay pal she won't know what hit her untill the bill comes.ha ha ha.

squirtthecat

So they work about the same? Still trying to talk mamma into a digital controller(for my traeger) and now I need a mat too?? I guess if I use pay pal she won't know what hit her untill the bill comes.ha ha ha.

You just have the 3 position controller? What kind of Traeger do you have? PM me... I've got a stack of digital controllers I've accumulated.

smoker pete

What's the price difference between the two? I assume the fishmat with it's additional non stick coating and covered edges is more expensive and only comes in set sizes??

Frog Mat ... 17 x 22 ...
Fish and Veggie Mat ... 10.25 x 15 ... comes with sealed border

I paid about $7 more for the fish mat

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

pete where did you buy them they are frogmats with a border we had the option to put borders around them but at a cost of 7 buck more for the same thing we felt it best to not and save money for are customers

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

sorry sterling my bad forgot just got caught up in the min.. and was looking to see if the seller was one of are dealers again sorry

Top Bottom