Enjoying the site and my first cook CS570

nitromadagascar

Hello
I'm from Mn and learned alot and enjoy the site so much. Put alot of thought into what to get for a grill, and had it narrowed down to three. the Mac sounds really good and high quality, but price shyed me away. Found a Country smoker 570 that was fired just as a test for a demo for $700.00 with a large bag of pellets (series # 3) I'm VERY happy with the grill as im sure i would of been with others. I can't get over how stable the temp stays , like it will not move 4-5 degree's .Cooked on it three times, pizza first night as i didnt have much time, and chicken, and tonight i had 6 ppl over for supper. Didnt 3 large racks of baby back ribs and was so impressed how they turned out ! Never done ribs before and all were in agh !!!!!!!!! I didnt want to smoke them as long as i did but had a birthday party in town, smoked at 210 for 5 hours, then foiled them with honey and alittle sauce for 40 minutes, then put on grill with no foil and sauced them. Was really good and some of the best i had ever. I learned some and will tweak a bit. I can't imagain not having that grill now. Everyone wants me to do ribs for mothers day. I added some larger wheels on all four corners as it was heavy to move around if my wife had to. Also took some large foil and lined the inside for easy cleaning.

ACW3

Welcome from North Carolina. We all love pictures, not to mention times, temps, and flavor of pellets. Show us more!

Art

nitromadagascar

thank you, yes i will get some pictures up. I did smoke at 210 .Wanted to smoke for 4 hours but it ended up being 5 cuz we were gone to a b/d/ party. How long do you want to smoked ribs ?? i was thinking 4 ?? So it ended up 5 smoke rubbed with mustard and dusted with 17th street rub. Then rapped in foil with a bit of honey on top for 40 minutes, then put in grill bare with some sauce. I was very happy, but if there is something i can do better please be free to tell me. Thanks to all !

nitromadagascar

One last thing, the ribs were VERY good, but one person said they had alot of a ham flavor ??? they were pork baby back ribs, and i apprecitate any tips.

CarterQ

One last thing, the ribs were VERY good, but one person said they had alot of a ham flavor ??? they were pork baby back ribs, and i apprecitate any tips.

Welcome aboard!, What brand of ribs were you using? Some companies like Farmland have "Deep Basted" or "Extra Tender" products that have been injected with brine. I know Walmart sells these. This might be giving you a ham flavor.

nitromadagascar

Actually my friend is a butcher at Sam's and he claims they have good meat, and that is were thay came from, cant remember what the label aid, might have to go dig them up. I guess i wouldn't noticed so much ,but once it was brought up, i did think of it more of the ham taste.

squirtthecat

I was wondering if the taste came from the rub you used, but I have used 17th Street Magic Dust in the past... It's not like it could have 'cured' your ribs while they were smoking.

Bear

Did you put the rub on way ahead of time, and rest them in the fridge? Sometimes that will give ribs a "hammy" taste.

Top Bottom