Whats smokin on the weekend? 10-15

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey whats cooking this weekend?

We will be at a comp but I will also be cooking on Sunday.

Let us know what you are cooking and then post a pic on monday and I will give a $10.00 Credit at Big Poppa Smokers to the best photo. Each week we will try this....

Thanks for the suggestion Thom!

Thom will be the judge this week...(provided he isnt a contestant)

Big Poppa

Administrator
SOunds like a contender...just in case you kids think Im being cheap with the ten bucks...it has to be a fun deal and if its more I go broke and the spirit is compromised...save the vairous credits for a big order.....I will be doind a lot of little small fun things.

jafrey711

Think I am going to do some ribs and play around with some Texas Pepper Jellies and Rib Candy. Smoke some chicken breast up to make Chicken Enchiladas.

Pete

Tonight is steak night (as is Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs)! On Saturday I'm going to smoke some ribs and try bear's brown sugar/butter trick, while on Sunday I will be smoking a fattie and chicken.

I have so much yardwork to do before it starts freezing up here that the less prep I need to do before cooking the better it is for me! Ornate delicacies this winter...

Thom Emery

We are practicing Thighs this weekend
But as a certified judge I will forgo entering this week

Entries will be judged on

1 Originality of the dish
2 Completeness of the recipe, directions
3 Quality of the pictures and or video
4 Weather I like you of not :) no that is not part of it :)

sparky

pizza tonight for the wife, kids and whoever else they bring over. fattie tomorrow morning, salmon at night. dr pepper pork butt saturday night for sunday football. steaks sunday night. some abt's for the football game also. which i knew how to use the camara / computer to put pictures up. daughter does but hard to catch here when i am awake.

SmokinMAK

IMG_4110.jpg

As promised. Not the great Wagyu that BP has access to, but pretty damn tasty.
Served with corn on the cob, pasta, biscuits. It's nap time.

SmokinMAK

Prime Sirloins. Marinated in EVOO and Bord-o-lay, seasoned with Costco Steak Seasoning. GrillGrates over the flame zone for about 18 minutes total. Bear Mountain Mesquite pellets.

Pete

Ok so I didn't do spare ribs yesterday, I decided to try smoking lamb. When my wife went running back for seconds I knew I had done well!

Smoked at 285* until 135* internal, removed and let sit while Memphis ramped up to 550* at which point I cut the lamb into chops and blasted them for 1min/side.

Inspiration and modified recipe taken from Chris's book.

Lamb.jpg

Top Bottom