capital city cookoff APRIL 15-16

KimG SOW

We will be there on Thursday for the Butt to Butt, Andy in the morning and the girls and I in the evening. Besides the rain-gear bring the BLANKETS!!! Feel-like temps at night are in the TEENS!!! AGH!

Candy Sue

Last time I was there (2008) it snowed!!! Considering it was 95+ in Columbus, MS last weekend, I think I'll enjoy the cool as long as the wind is blowing in the right direction.

Can I bring a bread pudding for Friday night? Look forward to seeing y'all!

HoDeDo

Andy has been putting in 10 hr days on some engineering at the office, While trying to prep for leaving a day early for the Butt to Butt. :)

I'm just slammed this week... and forum time is the first thing to fall off. :) I'll be back soon :)

HoDeDo

Will try to do just that Sterling. If I can, I will be the first person to have a Chest to Chest Bull Penis walking stick, and a Butt to Butt Boar's tooth. So I am gunning hard. :)

I made Boudin with my good buddy Bruce a couple weeks back, and it is ready to serve up on Cajun potluck night :)

KimG SOW

Well, we were not able to pull off getting the Boar's tooth, we came in 2nd.

As for the Capital City Cookoff - we came in 12th Overall with 2 calls. 7th in ribs and 9th in brisket. We tanked chicken 40th and pork 50th.

Congrats to Contracted Cookers for their 8th place Pork!!! and 16th Overall finish! Whose marinade did you use again??? :) Glad it worked for you! Curt - it was great meeting you, sorry I didn't make it over for dinner.

This contest is a great contest, but we had horrible weather. Rainy, cold and VERY WINDY. We had at least 20 mph straight line winds with 30 - 40 mph gusts Thurs - Sat. Many people lost Easy-Ups including us. Ours went around 10:30 Sat morning, right when we are getting ready for turn-ins. Just glad Andy tied it down in more than one place, otherwise it would have hit our truck.

One more contest before a break, well, the girls and I get a break. Andy will be working at the KC Culinary Institute for their Festival of Smoke.

Top Bottom