Shameless Plug. Little Louies with Black Pepper.

Big Poppa

Administrator
THis was an afterthought. I was just going with three rubs...Desert Gold, Couble Secret and thena garlic seasoning salt.....but I thought...Why not try a little black pepper?

I then started thinking about old school comp brisket and it was basicall salt pepper and garlic....Pretty much Little Louies with black pepper.

Then I started using it on chicken and everybody commented about how good it was......then I started using it as a base on all things smoked and grilled....very lightly....It just makes Double Secret and Desert Gold pop even more.

This is my desert island seasoning.

TTNuge

That's the one rub of yours I didn't go with, guess I picked the wrong one as I haven't used the regular Little Louie's a whole lot yet. I seem to find that the other things I want to pair the regular Little Louie's with already has enough salt so instead I end up going with a granulated garlic or something instead which doesn't add more salt. I think if I had the Little Louie's with Pepper then I could find more things to pair it with and try it more so it will definitely be going on my next order.
But so far the Desert Gold is clearly my favorite. I put it on everything it is so good. It goes GREAT on scrambled eggs, then when they are done I mix in a little Hot Squeeze and I swear I am in heaven!

Right now I'm just waiting for the second gift certificate to Big Poppa's to get sent on to Minnesota so I can get it from my In-Laws and then I guess some Little Louie's with Pepper is going to have to join the Apex on it's way to my house! Happy Birthday to me!

TentHunter

I love both of the Little Louie's, but the Little Louie's with Black Pepper is mighty fine as a steak rub! To explain just how good it is, last week I cooked up 3 thick cut bottom sirloins with it and...

my daughter used NO steak sauce...

That's right, NONE!

If you knew how my daughter is with steak sauce then you'd understand just how big a deal that is. But that Little Louie's is just that good!

sparky

out of all 4 bp rubs i use little louie's w/pepper the most. #1) little louie's w/pepper, #2) DSSR, #3) desert gold (fish, chicken, veges. very versatile), #4 little louie's. i am blown away that it is so good on my ribs (LL w/P). i haven't used it on a steak yet. my ribs would get jealous. i love my 3eyz but it might get replaced. little louie's t-shirt plz. i wear xl. ty. ;)

scooter

When I purchased Double Secret and Desert Gold I looked at the two LL's and figured I'd never put LL's on anything that I wouldn't also put pepper on so got the LL's with pepper. :)

scooter

Haven't tried it yet. Had a shipment of rubs come in before it so have been working my way through the JOS rubs and Asian BBQ recipes the last couple weekends. One of your rubs are up for this Sunday. Saturday I'll be in the Sac Sam's club parking lot judging. :)

scooter

Heh heh, there's a good chance a BPS turnin box will hit my table. Started judging last year and was at all 7 NorCal KCBS contests. This year will be more like 9 cookoffs. Got my 18 year old daughter judging with me. Last year she judged the backyard division at Ribstock then judged the pro division at Placerville. She's not a CBJ but I've spent a lot of time with her teaching her what to look out for, scoring, removing prejudices, ignoring the garnish and concentrating on the meat, giving the benefit of the doubt to the cooks etc. The first CBJ class close by and she'll be in it. She's not judging the Sam's Club contest.
I'll stop by afterward to say hi. I figure you'll be there?

Last edited:
Top Bottom