Question for Treager owners?

dhogan

I've encountered a problem with my Lil Tex Treager and curious of others have experienced the same issue and if you've found a work a-round.

Problem is, when I switch from a one setting to a lower one (Med down to smoke) the grill winds up going out. Buy the time I notice the hopper is full of pellets. This has happen to me twice, once I accidentally hit the power switch instead the turning the knob. I thought that might have caused the hiccup, but the second time I just turned it down to the reduce the temp. I hung out in the area for a couple of minutes - long enough to see it producing smoke, then went out to finish some yard work. Came by again in 45 minutes and it was cold. I promptly began my now well rehearsed "Emergency action drill" cleaning out the pellet hopper and it fired right back up. No issue after that.

This thing is about 4 months old and I haven't had any issues with it going out except when I change the smoke setting.

I plan on going out and cranking it up with the guts removed going through the motions just to see what might be happening.

dhogan

Spoke to one of the reps, they seem to think I might have a bad switch. A new one is "in-bound"

Last edited:

Rip

I would vote for the switch. I don't belive your manual (smoke, med, etc) controller has 'p' settings.

Top Bottom