Hey Rip, what's in the box?

Rip

Was in the kitchen having a late lunch today (working from home, can't imagine why) and here comes the big truck, threading its way between the parked cars.
IMG_2134sm.jpg

Yep, definitely stopping here.
IMG_2135sm.jpg

Sparky's driver was way more theatrical...(sign not withstanding)
IMG_2136sm.jpg

Yep, a real ball of fire...Hey looks like I'm getting #385!
IMG_2140sm.jpg

So that's it, still in box, had a conference call in 5 minutes, I've been stuck there ever since....stay tuned, more to come! :cool:

MAK DADDY

Nice, thats what the box is supposed to look like when it arrives :)
Welcome to MAK wonderland and thanks for buying American Made!!
Bob

Chili Head

Whoo hoo! How long did it take to get once you clicked buy? Just curious! Congrats! Too bad the driver won't stick around to help put it together hahaha.

Rip

Nice, thats what the box is supposed to look like when it arrives :)
Welcome to MAK wonderland and thanks for buying American Made!!
Bob

Thanks Bob! Can't wait to get the box open (way behind from having company for four days and taking Friday and Monday off.)

Rip

MAK2 Assembly

So, finally have time to take off the lid...everything is very nicely packed!
IMG_2143sm.jpg

Check this out..that's the underside of the carton lid with foam taped on to protect the top of the MAK2...nice touch.
IMG_2144sm.jpg

Home entertainment kit...protecting the top of the grill is one thing, see the foam on the carton bottom? (still attached to the pallet) That is there to protect the bottom of the grill. Way to go Bob!
IMG_2147sm.jpg

Legs are on...(earlier I was checking packing list against contents and couldn't find the castor wrench...turns out they now come already attached to the legs!
IMG_2151sm.jpg

All assembled. The 2 Star General name is apt, this is one solid piece of engineering and construction...Well Done Bob!
IMG_2152sm.jpg

Time to fire her up, I'm one happy camper! Thanks Bob, BP, and all of the team members behind both your companies!
IMG_2159sm.jpg

First cook? Probably something lame like hamburgers for the kids! (gotta test out the searing zone!) But that will be tomorrow at the earliest.

MAK DADDY

Sure is, thanks for all the great comments!
Nice job on the assembly, we do have a revision in place to remove the caster wrench from the list on the next printing :)
Have fun!

Rip

A couple more pics and first cook

Found this on the wife's camera, shortest route to the deck was thru the house!
IMG_0077sm.jpg

Burgers in the warming drawer....
IMG_0082sm.jpg

While I toast the buns
IMG_0081sm.jpg

Quick and easy, sterner stuff ahead!
IMG_0083sm-1.jpg

Top Bottom