Spot on the Drum

cowgirl

Not sure if anyone has tried the Spot breed of pigs, they are tasty! This is one that I raised and processed recently.

83de382a-1.jpg

004-6-1.jpg

I cut a smaller shoulder roast... about 5lbs. Injected it with an apple brown sugar soy mix.

003-3-1.jpg

dusted with a pork rub sent to me from a smoking friend in Jamaica

006-3-1.jpg

012-2-1.jpg

fried some of my canned green tomatoes from the garden last fall...

021-2-1.jpg

027-3-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

The smoked spot, fried green tomatoes, biscuit and salad...

052-1.jpg

I loved the bark and the pork was tender and moist...

074-1.jpg

The spots are a good breed... but then most homegrown pork is tasty when you have control over what they eat and how they are treated.

Thanks for looking!

squirtthecat

That'll do, pig! Nice cook..

Never seen the Spot breed growing up. (we were a corn & bean operation) Our neighbors a few miles away had Durocs - 'red' pigs.

Can you get your hands one some Berkshire baby piglets?

sparky

i don't know anything about pigs except i like to eat them. jeanie, move to california. so i can eat better. wow!!! you are always making excellent food. fried green tomatoes. yummy. i sure am glad your my friend. :)

TentHunter

Did you cook that pig... ahem... right on the spot?

Looks really tasty Jeanie!

Do you have details on your blog about how to can the green tomatoes?

cowgirl

Thank you friends!
Squirt, I like durocs too, they are tasty. :) I have some berkshire in my freezer. I raise them every so often. They are a nice sweet meat. I ended up butchering 6 small ones from the last litter and cooked a few bigger ones on my cinderblock pit.

Sparky I want to move to California so I can try some of those tasty ribs you have been smoking! Thanks! :)

lol Cliff...Thanks! Here is a link to the canned green tomatoes... Cowgirl's Country Life: My Fried Green Tomatoes I love fried green tomatoes, the canned ones get me through the winter.

Thank you so much Dan, Rip, BP and Carter!! :)

Top Bottom