Reverse Sear Bottom Sirloin

TentHunter

Sirloin has always been my favorite primal cut for steaks because of its rich flavor. Lately I've been getting $4.99/lb Bottom Sirloin because it's the closest thing I can find to Tri-Tips (unless I order a whole 60 lb case). Tri-tip is cut from the very bottom of the bottom sirloin.

Even though they're not exactly the same, after cooking these a few times I can see why tri-tip is so highly recommended.

The Stoven gets its first Reverse Sear test.

Seasoned the steaks with "Little Louie's w/black pepper" & smoked at 250°. First steak pulled at an I.T. of 110° (for med. rare) and the rest at 120° (for Med.).
BTMSRLN1.JPG

Cranked the grill to highest setting, let it heat up then seared for 4 minutes each side.
BTMSRLN2.JPG

Cooked very evenly to a perfect Medium just the way I like :).
BTMSRLN3.JPG

All in all I am pleased as punch with how the grill performed especially as cold as it was this evening. My friend who was over for dinner said these were the best steaks he'd ever had.

Amazing how some Little Louie's and a Reverse Sear on a pellet grill can make $4.99/lb steaks taste like $13.99/lb.

Thanks for sneaking a peek!

ACW3

Looking good, Cliff. I will have to try that after we return from our trip to Scotland and England.

Art

TentHunter

Nice! How hot did the Stoven get?

Its range is suppose to be from 185°-450°, but it got up to 469° using oak pellets, which was pretty good considering it was around 40° outside last evening. If I use Black Walnut, I can most likely squeeze a few more BTU's out of it.

Top Bottom