Sacramento Friday Night Cook

Big Poppa

Administrator
Tia from Strube and I talked this week and she said that she would send the meat for dinner. Thanks Tia! What I liked is that it was sort of an iron Chef...I didnt know what was for dinner until I got here.....We had Strube Ranch Wagyu Burgers, Wagyu Hot Dogs, and fabulous wagyu Short ribs. Mexican Fiesta salad and a new little tater I came up with....they were tater dimes.

Lets start with the tater dimes...I took some russian fingerling potatos and cut them into little discs...then I hit them with some Annie's Garlic Olive Oil, and Little Louies Seasoning salt with Black Pepper. Put them in the MAK one star at 400 for 1/2 hour...turned and drained and then cooked for another hour and then put it to high for about 15 minutes. I would have liked them to be crispier but they were solid.
P1000748.jpg

P1000749.jpg

Then on to the Strube Ranch Short Ribs. I trimmed them and then hit them with some Annies Garlic olive oil a light dusting of Little Louies with Black Pepper, Williams Rib Tickler and Smokin Guns Hot. Put them into the Onyx oven at 275 until the internal hit 145. Cubed, sauced and served.
P1000750.jpg

P1000756.jpg

I fpoiled some sweet onions fro grilled onions for the burgers. I topped the burgers with a slice of Cheddar and Pepper Jack
Then Brad made the salad, jody prepared the burger and dog condiments...
and here are pics of the spread
P1000757.jpg

P1000755.jpg

P1000754.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
For desert we broke in LIttle John. This is the Ice Cream Machine that I brought back for Meadow Creek. It was funny watching us California Brain Surgeons trying to figure out the little devil. Keep in mind that most of the team are in charge of the operation of my factories. They couldnt keep it running and finally it stopped. finally..."Guys, is it out of gas?" duhhhh

Then it stopped again....more genius at work...finally...."Guys, Maybe the ice cream is done?"
P1000747-2.jpg

I made Strawberry and strawberry chocolate chunk. Jody made some killer chocolate.

We served them with Juilian Californias famous Julian Pies....Dutch Apple and Peach Dutch Apple
P1000758-2.jpg

squirtthecat

Sorry to bump an older thread and go way OT, but what did you think of that Onyx oven? My buddy is looking at replacing his Stumps Stretch with 2 of those (mounted on a garden cart).

Big Poppa

Administrator
It is the prius of charcaol cookers...uses very little fuel...burns for ever and cooks evenly....Hows that?

Top Bottom